– Urgh, I’ve been sick since Sunday afternoon. Basically, I think my stomach is trying to kill me or something. Let’s not even talk about it, except to say, it hurts it hurts it hurts, ouch, and I’ve been swinging between pain, nausea and migraine for the past two and half days. So hooray for that.
– I still haven’t finished reading A Game of Thrones. It’s a difficult book… I mean, it’s really violent and horrible and there’s children involved and nothing ever goes right for the good guys, it’s just depressing. That’s not to say I think it’s a bad book, it’s just not something I find easy to dip in and out of.
– I told myself I had to finish it before I could start my other books – The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry, Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan, and Parenting Beyond Belief by Dale McGowan. I also said that when I got Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent in the mail, but I finished Baby Catcher within the week… It was so easy to read, such short chapters. You know how it is. Parenting Beyond Belief is heading the same way, because it’s a collection of essays, essentially. Darn it.
– Jene and I went to the optometrist a couple of weeks ago. On the plus side, our eyesight hasn’t deteriorated since our last eye checks. On the negative side, spectacles are expensive. Jene legitimately needs new frames, whereas I have perfectly reasonable glasses already, but never wear them because I hate the frames. And I only need them for reading. So we’re both getting sweet new glasses… eventually. When, you know, we finish paying for them.
– Here I was feeling all confident about writing this post, but my body lulled me into a false sense of smugness. I feel ill again, and I need to go to bed, so quick, what can I use for the title. Oh ok, I’ve got one. See you later – hopefully when I’ve stopped dying.